Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ceramics Painting


It's really difficult to walk into
a pottery painting studio
in the Phoenix Valley
and not feel absolutely inspired.

Though intimidating for some,
the amount of project pieces
and amazing inspiration pieces on the shelves
truly provides opportunity for everyone
to roll up their sleeves and get creative.

For those who have never gone ceramics painting,
you need to go.
At least just to try it.

How It Works
Pick an unfinished ceramics piece off the shelf.
Each piece has a price associated with it (tag usually on the bottom).
You will also need to pay a "studio fee".
This includes the price of all painting supplies and the glazing/firing of your piece.
Get creative and paint your item!!!
When done, you leave it with the studio (and pay, of course)
Depending on the studio, in 3 or 4 days, your item will be available for pick up!

{This really is one of my favorite places in the world.}

I recently visited with a good friend 
with no particular project in mind.
However, the abundance of Halloween pieces
inspired me to do my own candy bowl.

I picked up a big bowl from the shelf
{I have a lot of candy}
And was... instantly intimidated.
What to do with this big, white, blank bowl?

I started with colors. 
Purple, Orange and Lime Green
Fun and Spunky Halloween Colors.
Fabulous... now what?

Admittedly, it took a while for me to develop a "plan".
I took my sweet time painting the bottom of the bowl purple
to dream up what the rest would look like.
{Tip: Use three coats to make sure designs come out solid}

I love stripes.
So let's go with that!
I alternated orange and lime around the rim.

And BAM!
It was clear as day!
{Love those moments}

This is what came out of my brain...

I can't wait to see how it looks after it's been glazed and fired.
I have to wait 3 days before I can pick it up,
but when I do, I'll be sure to share!

Are you in the Phoenix area?
has six locations around the valley.

UPDATE!!
Here's my finished bowl!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
Blogging tips